Gothic fountain of the 15th or 16th century standing in Place de La Colle, formerly Place Lascaris. This is a double-basin fountain that was used as wash basin and drinking trough.
Water flowed down from Mont Castellet and the fountain emptied though Rue des Moulins and powered the waterwheel of the oil mill.
The fountain was in the centre of the village, on Place de la Colle, where the La Turbie path ends at Porte de l’Arma. Festivities and meetings, as well as wheat threshing happened around this fountain, as the current Place Carnot was outside the ramparts back then.
The square is a protected historical monument since the 30th of September 1942.
- Located on Place de la Colle.
- GPS location : 43°48’10°N 7°4’10”E