VIADUC OF THE ERBOSSIERA
The only construction of the Nice-Coni line that was spared during Second World War, the Erbossiera viaduct is in a remarkable state of preservation. It is the only large-scale construction designed by architect Paul Séjourné.
It was commissioned on the 31st of October 1928. 205 meters long, it straddles the Erbossiera and its vale, reaching a maximum elevation of 48 meters above the level of the river.
It features an elliptical central arch on a vertical axis (opening: 36 meters) topped on either side by three small vaults, and it follows an access viaduct with 10 arches.
The building was labeled “20th Century Heritage” on November 28, 2000.
- Located in La Grave de Peille
- GPS location : 43° 48′ 27.48″ N 7° 22′ 58.56″ E